Morning Self-Assurance

15 January 2014



A little morning devotional.  With myself.

I started reading a book in the Philippines called Softpower - a guide for women on how to be assertive, set boundaries, and be self-respecting.  My bookmark is an empty Delta peanuts package.  Even though I bought this book just before I left on my trip, you would never know it by observing the book.  Turns out backpacking through a country during monsoon season adds a whole lot of character to a little paperback.  I like it.

When I went to Google Images to get a picture of the book, using the term "softpower" pulled up a picture of Obama with his shirt off at the ocean.  And then a picture of Obama with a puppy.  Tell me how you really feel, America. 

Anyway, the message I studied today was about trusting my instincts. 

You need to be able to count on your own instincts even when you feel unsure of your moves.  With faith in yourself, you can be comfortable in the most challenging of situations.


Intuition is an interior realm of knowing.  It has been called our sixth sense, gut, heart, instincts, inner voice, voice of God, Higher Self.

Trust your instincts to determine appropriate actions and help others trust in your certainty.

Which led me to the Book of Mormon to study one of my top 3 favorite concepts:  Spiritual Self-Reliance.  Because I think self-assurance and spiritual self-reliance are very closely tied.  I absorb the combination of these as much as I can - the closer I am to God, to the best version of myself, the more I can trust my own impulses.


Because one believes in oneself, one doesn't try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn't need others' approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.
― Laozi 


 
Onward and upward,







Image Source

No comments :

Post a Comment