Honesty Box - Do It Anyway

05 February 2014


Barriers of resistance.

The whispers that hold people back, "you can't"  "you don't know"  "you won't do."  And listening to those thoughts build walls of limitation.  I strongly believe those who fear under-performance will end up under-performing.  Those who fear they are inadequate become inadequate.  Those who fear they don't know what to say end up saying nothing at all.  Doubting in the mind shrinks the behavior.

And I dislike when people buy in to that.

I'm proud to be one that tromps through life anyway.  Who stumbles through her words, even when she doesn't know exactly what to say, just so those needing comfort know someone is at least there.  Who trips and falls repeatedly before she gets it right.  I don't stare at the ground and note everything that could be obstructive.  I just do it.  Maybe clumsily.  Maybe imperfect.  But I give it a shot anyway.

So mental barriers of resistance - defeat before you begin - has never made sense to me.  Limitations are self-inflamed, and we can't excuse ourselves from inadequacy that we induced by expecting it from the beginning.  We produce so many of our outcomes from just believing from the start! 


And honestly, I wish more people would stop standing in their own way.


There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all life has to offer, with passion, excitement and acceptance.

—  John Lennon






Image Source

2 comments :

  1. Your eagerness and willpower and compassion remind me of a post I read the other day. :)
    http://takejune.blogspot.com/2014/01/deep-water-swimmer.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn straight.

    hope to see you this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete