A joyous time of love

14 April 2014



This morning I nearly leaped out of bed.  I'm going on a treasure hunt, love marks the spot.

Today is the first day of Birthday Week and I can't let a moment go unwasted!  I planned a special surprise for myself for this weekend, so I have to be all amazed when I hand myself my car keys, with a tank full of gas and a box full of cupcakes, and say:  "Go dear, go!"  
 
I'm really excited to hug and compliment myself all week long!  Actually the self-hugging thing probably won't be happening, but I will be taking a full week to value myself!  And I'm going to track down the people I love and coerce them into hanging out with me, even if I have to steal them from their beds, sheets and all, at five in the morning to go to Denny's.  Oh wait, that happened to me once.  :)

My co-worker, Mike, brought me lots of Ghirardelli dark chocolate, because I think that's all I talk about when he comes around.  And my co-worker, Lizzie, surprised me with a fountain pen and a supply of ebony purple ink to last for myself and three generations!  I was so touched by her thoughtfulness, and then suddenly my hands and face were covered in purple ink, and she had to kindly show me how to use a fountain pen.  And my other co-worker, Will, brought me a homemade spice cupcake with maple-something frosting!   Which I shoved entirely in my mouth and shouted-

I LOVE CELEBRATING AND SUNLIGHT AND HUGS AND COMPLIMENTS AND PINK TOENAILS AND SNUGGLES IN MY BED WITH MY TEDDY IN A GIRAFFE CAPE THAT MACE GAVE ME, WATCHING PARKS & REC AFTER I DISCOVERED THE NETFLIX PHONE APP!!

And then his face was covered in crumbs.

But this week I will be soaking up lots of joy.


Cupcake cheers to all,





 



Image Source

2 comments :

  1. Cherry tango is just the perfect chocolate name for you. HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY!!! We're just ten days apart, you know :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete