See the lights that guide you home

01 April 2014



Life didn't make much sense to me until I saw that old man driving through an intersection in his wheelchair.  Right in a car lane like he belonged.

I was driving my bro's new car from when he and the wifey stopped to visit on their way through town.  So since someone else's insurance was on the line, of course I pulled out my phone and pressed record.

You see, if this old man can do his thing with complete disregard to the supreme irritation of honking cars, well then I think I have much to learn here.

1) If you are your own best friend, you really don't need much else.

2)  The flow of the rest of society, with its nags and pushes and screeches, should learn to be silenced as much as possible.  All you need to hear is the beat of your own heart and the voice of the One who guides you from above.

3) Eyes on your destination.  Your mode of transportation may have its imperfections, but knowing your purpose and final point is far greater, let your confidence be unswayed.


So how do I fair?

1)  I like myself a lot.  And maybe those words seem pompous through the screen, but I quite enjoy my own company, as anyone around me could easily gather in 4 seconds.  More importantly, I am quite proud of myself.  My road hasn't been an easy one, but I find my attitude, kindness, and ability to press on is in the very top tier.

2)  Weeeell, the flow of society does affect me, but I've found that the closer I am to My Grand Friend, the more He keeps me in His peace.  He drowns out the noise when I let Him, otherwise the noise drowns me.  And also, that's why I look up to Leslie the way I do.  She is guided by only her heart and the One above, and in her presence I am the same.  And my mother.  The greatest Silent Hero I have ever known.

3) My focus is firm.  My determination is certainly not an unknown part of me.  But my vision extends beyond my self-made goals.  I know I am a soul meant for a greater realm of living because my deepest rest is only satisfied by wonders outside of this world. 


A testimony to the close of this month-

I'm constantly learning that the path I want to live takes a whole lot of courage.  A lot of resilience to honking, screeching, nagging, pushing, and keeping my sights set firm on my purpose being greater.  I know I am in this life because God told me recently that he values my deep intelligence paired with my deep empathy, and someone like me is in high demand right now.

I'm not afraid to trek through this life differently, because I want to get up to the pearly gates with bruised knees, charred hands, and an equally tattered army of people linked arm-and-arm where I said, "I get it.  I'm in this with you, and we're going together."  And everyone else can roll up in their shiny bling completely unscathed, fresh from the dry cleaners.  But guarantee my life will be the first one God pops into the VHS player and says, "You guys gotta see this!"  Even if that be for a good laugh.

I am living to the fullest extent I possibly can.  Physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and even socially.  Conclusion: I gotta get myself a motorized wheelchair!  Because a life like that really wears you out.

"Hey old man!  Wait up!"

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
                                                                                              Thich Nhat Hanh

"You don’t need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfection."
                                                                                                Wilson Kanadi

"God’s grace calls you to suffer and it calls you to wait, but it never calls you to stand in your own strength or to stand alone."
                                                                                                   Paul Tripp


Upward and onward,




 
We make dinner at 10 at night and insist on a blue dress code.

3 comments :

  1. This is probably one of my favorite posts you've ever written. I can't even tell you how much this resonates with me... like pierce-me-to-the-core resonates with me. Everything you said is absolutely spot on! And I love the parallel you draw, especially to your own life. Keep on keepin' on beautiful girl. As much as you look up to your wonderful Leslie and your mom, I think you've got a lot of people looking up to you too, because you live your life this way. You've got one admirer right here, after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Brooke! Haha- and thinking about the man in the wheelchair-- that's the vehicle he has, even though it may not look like others or be as forceful or powerful as others, but he continues to use it. Don't be discouraged or swayed by others who think they are better than you, they are not. You are great and you continually strive to meet your goals! You can do this! You've got the best wheelchair!

    https://www.google.com/search?q=decked+out+wheelchair&safe=active&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=zIo8U8SHDIj4yQGlt4HQAw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=1099

    ReplyDelete
  3. I for SURE want to be linked arms with you my friend. I love how full you are living life :) it's totally inspiring and exciting. You are a strong soul and have so much to teach those around you. Lots of love to you lady!

    ReplyDelete