One small step for the moon man

05 May 2014


I have a harder time writing at work these days because we just shifted office locations in Salt Lake, and now I share a large space with a co-worker who often sticks his head beside mine and comments on whatever is on my screen.  Not that work is meant for writing anyways, but it's still hard to do much of anything because I have a one man audience ALL THE TIME.  Finally I told him that I'd like him to honor the privacy of my working area.  Isn't that such a kind way of saying BUZZ OFF!  And also the caution tape I put around my desk helps a lot.

Anyway, time for introspection from last month's personal focus, which was - 






See here.  I can confirm a solid success!  I definitely saw a notable improvement in myself. Which is a huge deal if you knew the journey I've been on the last two and a half years.  To be stripped as I was and then to rise as I have, that's an immense triumph.  I feel all this ennoblement and strong assurance resting to permanency. 

To review my month of solid focus on assurance - I strongly and kindly stood up for myself many different times.  I already have strong skills of calmness and diplomacy, but I am believing more and more in my judgment and rights, which paired together creates a solid wall of self-keeping.  I stepped back from friendships that were unreliable and rarely giving.  And in my professional life, I took a stand when I felt my fingers were slammed in a door.  Here's a good example. 

And what I learned - Turns out assurance has everything to do with having your own back, especially in the hard times.  And I believe that other people will treat you best when they see how you care for yourself. 

Here are my favorite quotes from my meditation board this month:




You demonstrate love by giving it unconditionally to yourself.  And as you do, you attract others into your life who are able to love you without condition.  

-Paul Ferrini




Discover why you're important, then refuse to settle for anyone who doesn't completely agree.

Fisher Amelie



I am mine.  Before I am anyone else's.

Nayyirah Waheed




If you don't make time to work on creating the life you want, you'll be forced to spend dealing with a life you don't want.

Kevin Ngo



I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect.  And it's these things I'd believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn't all she should be. 

-F. Scott Fitzgerald


Happy dance, happy dance.  Did the man on the moon do a happy dance?


Upward and onward,








 Image Source

2 comments :

  1. Every single one of those quotes is making my world go right-round. Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I found your blog. Assurance, that is something I need to work on in my life and I love how you pointed out that assurance is about having your own back. LOVE THAT. And those quotes, I love them all. Thank you, thank you, thank you for writing this! It is what I needed to read today.

    ReplyDelete