Spare the words, savor the feeling

29 September 2014

 


The Man is off to work.

Which he knows I love the look of his scrubbed down scruffiness, so he texts me a picture.  (Another thing he's come to know - all picture texts are automatically at risk for online distribution).

I get up and tame my hair.  Then back out of my driveway, also heading off into the working world.  And though I leave my house, my bearings for home follow him.


Upward and onward,






Coming home to someone is many things. It is a literal action, an abstract idea, a physical feeling. It is more than the sound of the key turning in the door and the voice that calls from the porch. It is a choice, a promise, a declaration. It is a return, not as a person to a place, but as oneself to another. It is one individual saying to another: ‘You are the one I choose’.



8 comments :

  1. AAAHHHH We need to dinner SOON! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heart eyes for days. I'm just beaming for you. Also he's so handsome!!!! Such a gorgeous couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hear ya about the scruffiness... Mmm... It is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made my arms all goosebumpy. I lurrrrv morning texts. Good things. Good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What!!!?!! No wonder I don't hear from you. You are way too busy being happy!!! Yay:)

    ReplyDelete