In order to see

12 February 2015



  










"She quietly expected great things to happen to her, and no doubt that’s one of the reasons why they did."
Zelda Fitzgerald




The day I put in my 2-weeks notice and gave the security cameras a sight to see.

That could be the title of my day yesterday.

And no it has nothing to do with flipping the bird.

The thing is I thought I should have the decency to quit my job of five and a half years in a dress, not a fake leather jacket.  Ya know, like ride out in glory. 

But, after driving up from my Provo office, I arrived in Salt Lake and got out of my car to scrounge in my DI bag in the trunk (that's always a good place to start for anti-frumpiness and also shows how living out of a suitcase is not always convenient), and I pulled out a super wadded, wrinkled dress that's probably halfway decayed.  Then I threw my jacket in the trunk and pulled off my shirt.  And, the undershirt came too.

So I stood there for a good couple minutes in my bra and garment top trying to get shirts pulled out of shirts, and dresses untangled and straightened (leave in glory, haaaaa!)

AND THEN

I did it.  Said "adios, goodbye, it's my time, new opportunities are ahead of me and I'm going to chase them."  Or something.  It was actually a 2 hour meeting, and though everyone was all sad, my insides were hollering with relief and joy!  It's hard to keep poker face when I could cheer out of a megaphone. So I drove down the freeway and used a vox to Becky as my cheerful megaphone.  And then I went to my tax office and did people's taxes for the next three hours.  (Did I mention I started doing taxes on the side for a company in Draper?  Oh yeah, because that happened a couple months ago.  Ya know, trying to jump start myself, and I guess an accountant picks taxes as her zapper?  But I super love it).  Anyway, no one could ever imagine a happier three hours of doing taxes than that.

The upcoming changes to my life are assuredly worth rejoicing over, but I think yesterday felt so good because I felt so in control and confident.  I mean, I took action from a place that didn't feel right with me anymore, decided to make a shift, and eventually I was able to leap.  And now, I feel SO MUCH assurance from God that "yes, this is right."  It's the most clean, and clear, and under control feeling in the world.  Neutrogena really doesn't even get what they're talking about.  Experiencing God through clarity is really neat to me.  I feel like I am finally getting a fresh vision. 

I believe it's always worth moving in order to better see.


 Upward and onward,









Image Source

2 comments :

  1. I did the same thing a few weeks ago :) God opened the right door so I walked right on through! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you said "I believe it's always worth moving in order to see." Love it! So proactive. Especially in combination with the quote in the beginning "she quietly expected great things to happen to her, and no doubt that's one of the reasons why they did." which is such a shout out to positive thinking. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete