An illumuniated mind

18 March 2015




Last night, I went to the temple, and it was one of the most powerful nights I've had there.  I'm still pulling my thoughts back to the evening and soaking in the lingering peace and joy.  I truly truly love this Gospel.

With the shift in my job, I feel so at rest, causing me to regain breath so deeply.  Especially spiritually
 
And last night through my whole temple session, my internal rest only seemed to swell.  My gratitude intensifying, growing teary-eyed each time heaven made sense to me in a new way, or my mind brushed across Ryan, my life, or my family.  Then I moved to the celestial room and poured out my thankful heart in one of the most joyfully concentrated prayers that has ever flowed from me.  My many thoughts of thank couldn't be spoken fast enough, and I tumbled through so many of them. My feelings towards everything and everyone was abundant.  No trying to wrestle a bad situation into a hopeful perspective or my next-step plan.  Everything was in such a state of completeness just as it was.  Everything was right and full and at rest.  My life and myself was fully consecrated.





"To see a World in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wildflower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,

And eternity in an hour."

--William Blake




Upward and onward,








Also, another important thing to not. While I was drafting this post last night, I was eating popcorn in my bedroom. I noticed a little white speck on my carpet near me. Naturally, I assumed it was a piece of popcorn, so I ate it. 

On the contrary, it was a piece of my deodorant. 





As I was walking into the temple.


Image source

2 comments :

  1. all truth may be circumscribed into one great whole

    i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! What an amazing experience. I think you were feeling the pure love of Christ.

    ReplyDelete