Let my idols fall

23 March 2015


Yesterday morning I had such a good study, reading outside on our back patio couch, extending my legs in the warm sun.  

Recently, I've been struggling to find purpose with the scriptures.  The stories have grown so familiar to me, so lately I check back in after blankly reading a couple pages.  And I can't seem to match the concepts to the themes happening in my life.  But after continually trying for some meaning to come, today I was filled with a more general insight that bridged the gap in my deficiency of purpose.

The scriptures are simply meant to keep me aligned daily with the most important things.  Reminding me that my ultimate quest is to elevate to Christ's level.  Becoming such a person as He.  Needing only to be relevant to things of eternal nature.  Widening the doorway of seeing through a spiritual understanding.  Washing away everything else.  Letting my idols fall.  My cares for things of no matter.  My time spent on things of no value.  And I feel better.  I am better.

So I'd like to study with a simple phrase in my mind as I read, reminding me of my great purpose in this little span of reading time:

Let my idols fall.


Upward and onward,







Image source

1 comment :

  1. I feel this same way often lately. Reading about Nephi again, through verses I've highlighted and recited so many times they stopped bringing anything to the surface. But now that I think about it, this is probably a great problem to have, isn't it? haha reading the scriptures "too much". Not that there really is such a thing. But you are so right. Scripture study is a realignment. We won't have big ah-ha moments every time. The point is, it is scary how easy it is to forget how it feels to have the Spirit close each day. The scriptures are a way to make sure it is. Anyway, I'm rambling. Thanks for the thought!

    ReplyDelete