Sharing the Good

27 May 2015



Like a wild flower; she spent her days, allowing herself to grow, not many knew of her struggle, but eventually all; knew of her light.  -Nikki Rowe


I read the parable of the seed this morning.  That parable really speaks to me because a rich seed can be offered to anyone, but it is our choice to be a receptor of stony, thorny ground or an open place of understanding. The see being a pulse of knowledge - God's sacred secrets - or some surge of resounding eternal joy.   And if we cultivate it, we can share it.

"[Some seeds] fell into good ground and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold."

The Gospel really speaks to me when I get out of my own way and let my deepest channel do the receiving and the understanding.  Last week, I reviewed my strengths in Strengthsfinder, and I understood a little better why I have a heart that is an easy receptor of rich seeds, but I have a harder time sharing them.  Because, I am a Relator.

Because if I seek to share my soul, the things that really give me very burrowed hope and joy, there is no immediate traction.  People don't readily understand or connect with the deep channel of God's truth.  It's not relatable

 Like my co-worker just last week, who I attempted to share how strong the Spirit has been for me lately, and she put her hand up and said, "I do love the Gospel, but I try to keep it out of my work here."  And in a space where we were once relating so strongly, suddenly broke and became empty.  And I hate to feel as one who is disconnected, who seemingly doesn't fit into the ways of the culture around me.

But last week, I came up with another plan at work.  Because I don't have to share the Spirit with my voice, through words that must make sense to someone.  I can pass it in another way that isn't words, but feeling.  And others will not understand it to be a form of me sharing the joy of Christ inside of me, but they will feel some sort of joy emanating from me.  As the "little helping hands" signs that people place on each other's cubicles to express appreciation.  I only have one and it says: "Chantel is the most smiley person; she is always so friendly."  And I just grin, because that is the light of Christ being received.  And that passing of light, every day, is my ministry. 






Here's to finding subtle ways to spread good.

Upward and onward,





No comments :

Post a Comment