Happy Moments Lately - Ryan & The Spirit

15 June 2015



Happy Moments Lately

- waking up early every day and working out.  Gets my body alive and vibrant, blood flowing and oxytocin pumping.  I love that feeling even more on mornings that I feel too tired to work-out, but I do it anyway, and it's like a magic energy solution.  Then I sit down to pray and read my scriptures.  And because my body is already wide awake, the focus and attention of my mind is so clear and precise, and because my mood is already so strong, my connection to the Spirit is so open and full.  I connect really deeply and wholly with what I'm reading, finding new pieces that connect to me and new understanding, and I feel exceptionally peaceful and happy.  I look forward to this span of time every morning.  I love the knowledge of God and a greater existence.  I love the Spirit that transcends this awareness to our innermost selves.

- I have so much gratitude in my heart for Ryan.  I love him SO incredibly much.  I love his male embodiment and his pure and strong character.  I love his respect and gentleness to female sensitivities.  I love his companionship - our endless talking and laughing.  And I love his counsel - his intelligence, patience, steadiness, respectfulness, spirituality, non-judmentalness.  Who know such a combination of a person existed?  His inordinant willpower and ambition.  His humor and quick-wit.  His confidence - oh man I LOOOVE that.  His attractiveness.  His passion for so many things and his focus to become so good at an array of hobbies.  His gentle love and respect for me.  His prayers, so thorough and thoughtful.  I really never thought that I would find someone with ALL of theses qualities I desire in someone, plus some extra I never considered before.  Like his steadiness and even-killed temperment.  He never gets upset or impatient or moody.  He's such a steady rock - I love that!  And I love our relationship.  I love how we naturally connect so well.  I also love how we've been so open and vulnerable, and I love the growth and union that has caused.  I love our plans and goals and dreams for the future.  I'm SO excited for all to come!!

-  I loved going to the stake presidency's office yesterday to get my temple recommend renewed.  I LOVED answering the temple questions, and the Spirit was so strong in that little, geometric side closest.  I loved answering the first two questions.  YES I have a testimony in Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost.  And YES I have a testimony of the Atonement.  The energy in my body was rushing so strong as I answered all the questions.  On the drive home, I also thought it was cool that this blog is branded for JUNE, and every two years in June, I get to renew my temple recommend.  It's a very small, but very meaningful time for me.

-  I'm so excited for the new FHE program Ryan and I decided to begin tonight.  Tonight we will be reviewing the lesson Ryan taught in Elders Quorum yesterday by President Benson.  But for the next year, Ryan and I decided to read a series of economic and political books by Richard J. Maybury, because, you guys, the economy is going to get CRAZY - and we're going to decide how to best secure and invest our money.  The Last Days!!!! :)  We should have group discussions if you friends want to come over for a BBQ.


Upward and onward,










image source

2 comments :

  1. Um Christian and I would totally be down for economic group discussions and barbecues, that's totally our cup of tea. (Well more his... I need to cliff notes versions of that stuff but I'm always along for the ride haha!) Also the way you describe Ryan makes him sound like the most amazing guy, which is so fitting because no one but the most amazing guy deserves to be with you! I'm so happy for you :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um Christian and I would totally be down for economic group discussions and barbecues, that's totally our cup of tea. (Well more his... I need to cliff notes versions of that stuff but I'm always along for the ride haha!) Also the way you describe Ryan makes him sound like the most amazing guy, which is so fitting because no one but the most amazing guy deserves to be with you! I'm so happy for you :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete