Drifting off to sleep on high thoughts

30 December 2015

I loved falling asleep to the sound of Ryan drilling and hammering in our laundry room. I would have stayed up to watch him, but I was so tired.  Just earlier, I was standing in there with him reading the scriptures aloud.  I'm in the latter part of 3 Nephi, and I believe this is the crux of the whole book.  It's sooooo alive.

As he worked on a slight remodel project and I would read, we'd point out the parts we thought were interesting and talk about them. Like Christ purposefully leaving holes in the Gospel that He wants our faith to fill.  Or how genuinely seeking understanding opens us to huge chambers of wisdom. Or how all the actions we do are like signing Christs name right beneath them as His own work.  That really magnified to me as I thought about it falling asleep.  Because the last several months, I have submitted so many tax returns under Jon's name, and he has trusted that my work is accurate.  That shows such a high level of trust that one's caliber is at the height of the other.  Do my actions reach a level that Christ would have done Himself if in my situation?  mmmm, maybe not always.  I'll keep this in mind to do better.

I love the Spirit. I love Ryan.  This is the only time in my life I have kept my bedroom door open so I can fall asleep to the sound of a drill.  Never has something sounded so soothing as hard-working-and-protective-husband noises.

Upward and onward,


No comments :

Post a Comment