Eccentric somebody's

14 December 2015


Today is so cozy.  Sitting in my office listening to Christmas music and the snow plow outside.  Thinking of Ryan, always, and also my dear friend Katie who came over on Saturday to make homemade tomato soup with us.  It was exactly what I needed.  The connection and the warm food.


I have taken a tiny break from working on the financials of one of my clients because these words jolted me. It is a simple repost from Meg Fee's blog.




"What I am in the eyes of most people--a nonentity, an eccentric, or an unpleasant person--somebody who has no position in society and will never have; in short, the lowest o f the low. All right, then--even if that were absolutely true, then I should like to show by my work what such an eccentric, such a nobody, has in his heart." 

Vincent Van Gogh (in a letter to his brother in 1882. Van Gogh's work when almost totally unrecognized during his lifetime).




I give myself permission to show my eccentric authenticity, because I believe it is valuable.


Upward and onward,









No comments :

Post a Comment