A very earnest good deed

12 March 2016

After this week, I'm just over halfway through tax season.  That is excellent news for me!!  Because this week was super rough.  I think it was because of the banana bread I made on Sunday for my visiting teachee's birthday.  Although the rest of my week was entirely unrelated.  But still. 

 

"Aww, wow she's so amazing."  "Look at her go!!"

Hahaha!  You guys all have such kind thoughts.  Though very misrepresented.

This was my visiting teaching recovery event for the year to make up for some failed visiting teaching monthssssssss.  I think I plurarized that accurately.  I called it an event because those types of things only happen once or twice a year, and that is, again, very accurate semantics referring to me baking something.

I called over my companion to walk this banana bread to said VTee's house.  She lives three doors down.  About .028 seconds after my companion and I left my doorstep, it started raining.  And I'm really exact with my numbers right now, given the season for me and all.  So we walk in the rain, and then my VTee isn't even home.  Because I didn't call and check first.  So we put the banana bread on the porch, and I said I'd run a card back over.  Because, no, I also did not pre-prep a card.  So we walked back to my house in the rain; companion left, and I quickly prepped a card and ran it back.  Then when I got home, I realized I spelled her name wrong.  Ugh, why? I AM SO GOOD AT SPELLING.  But it's tax season, so my brain is dim at extracurricular, non-tax life.  So, I ran back to her house with my sharpie pen to fix her name.  Well the rain, from when I ran over the card the first time, made the ink bleed.  So I could have just not fixed her name and smeared the card more, right?  (I fixed it).  Then ran back home.  And then, just before bedtime, I realized she wasn't even going to be in town for a few days.  I ran back again, without a bra this time, and the bread caved in.  Amazing.  So I picked up the bread crater and the card and ran it all back home.  For the fourth time.

Then I gave the bread to Ryan, and he loved it.  I'm a very generous wife.  And now, after being married for seven months, I have baked a proper baked good for my husband.  Then later, I asked Ryan to buy a treat at the store, and I put it on a plate like I baked them, of course, and took them to VTees house with my ink-drippy, spell-corrected card.  I gave everything to her son at the door, who probably ate it all immediately and threw the card away, and my VTee will never know the difference.

But, I am going to say YES at the end of the month for visiting teaching!

And also, a yes for stealthy exercise on a Sunday.

Upward and onward,


1 comment :

  1. As much as you might joke around and try to downplay it, you are AMAZING! :-) #super #lucky #husband

    ReplyDelete