Birthday day day

20 April 2016

Today is my BIRTHDAY!!




I LOVE my birthday!  The way people love me, and the way I feel so much love for myself.  I like that feeling of creating completely guiltless, obligation-free, happy & indulgent space for myself.  It's so good for my body, mind, and soul.  I wish I could have been born 8 times in a year. 

(Which reminds me of a comment made from one of our Sunday School students on Sunday.  Ryan and I were asking the class about different criticisms/questions that we, as Mormons, receive from the world.  Like, "how come you never drink, have sex, etc."  And this one boy offered his example of a question we receive - "How many moms do you have?"  Given plural marriage and everything.  And a young woman on the other side of the room quickly added, "yes, that makes sense because I was re-birthed 15 times." haha!!)

Well, I wouldn't have minded that.  Think of all those birthdays! 

I didn't plan a single thing for myself this year.  Because tax season ended two days ago and I am still in full recovery, and also, Ryan and I are flying to Cabo tomorrow with some friends.  So that will be MORE than adequate of a birthday celebration. 

This morning I woke up to texts from my friend's already, and it continued throughout the day.  I love this love!  I love having memory of all my friends and why our friendship is so special.

Then I cuddled with Ryan for a long time, and he just loves me so much and kept telling me!  I LOVE mornings when we are up early enough that we can just lounge together and not have a care in the world.  And also, even if there were cares to be had in the world, I don't care about them on my birthday.

Then I worked out, which is my favorite way to start every day!!  And then I went for a run/walk in the sunshine.  Another favorite.  And I listened to all my favorite Pandora stations.  Right now, I'm eating up the Matt Kearney station.  I love work-out clothes.  I love the sunshine.  The trees.  The mountains.  The clear sky.  I love it all!  It's my birthday!  And then I went to the library to pick up some books on hold for my Cabo trip.  I LOVE LIBRARY's.

So that inspired this post.  I just want to post about what I love!  All about me, myself, and I and what makes my heart go ding, ding, ding!

I love the book Big Magic.  I'm listening to it again right now!  This is my 4th or 5th time listening to it (in just the last 4 months).  I LOVE Elizabeth Gilbert.  She is to me as Brene Brown is to the rest of the world.

I love going to plays.

I love eating grapefruits in the morning sun.

I love really good-hearted people.




I love Pippi Longstocking!  She is so rad, and I like to think about her. 

I love the Honey Nut Cheerios commercial on Hulu with the moms dancing hip-hop with their kids.

I love the Gospel and the way it makes me think from a lot bigger of a context.  I love the way it makes me feel like my best self.

I love opening all the blinds every morning.  Because that's what my mom did.  And also, I tell Ryan it's because I'm a "sun baby."

I love writing and journaling.
I love cinnamon rolls.

I love reading in bed before I go to sleep.

I love feeling inspired and coming across little things each day that make me feel that way.

I love daydreaming about our future kids and meditating with them and playing outside with them and laughing together a lot.

I love good quotes, and I collect them endlessly.




I'm happy to be me and to born in the spring!    HAPPY DAY!

Upward and onward,



2 comments :

  1. Man. You said "cinnamon rolls". Now I want one ;) HAPPY BELATED TO YOU! You make me smile.

    ReplyDelete