You can do anything for 20 seconds, including painting the ceiling

27 April 2016



In the 15 minutes I spent painting the ceiling, I felt overcome with frustration at this insanely off balance and dizzying task.  Then entirely overwhelmed and discouraged at the amount of ceiling space in my house left to do.  And then, completely guilt stricken as I exclaimed to Ryan: "I can't do this.  I cannot.  We have to get a painter." 

And I left my painting task at that, taking the guilt, the paint roller, and the tray with me to the bathroom.  I scrubbed and scrubbed on the paint, and I did my best to reconcile my defeat. I don't feel good when I just throw my hands up towards something.

An hour and a half later, Ryan walked in the house, taking off his shoes at the door to abandon all the freshly cut grass on his feet from mowing the lawn.  After walking in the house, he noted all the dishes had been done, the floors had been vacuumed, the washing machine was in full swing, and then he heard the paint roller in the bedroom.  He comes back to find me hard at work on the bedroom ceiling again, and the task is nearly complete. 

I had decided to give it another shot.

After that room was complete, I walked across the hall to the bathroom and painted that ceiling as well.  I finished with paint on my face, in my hair, and all over the drop cloths.

I did it!

(Coming back from Cabo, I felt motivated to clean and work so hard on our house!)


Upward and onward,







image source

No comments :

Post a Comment