Around here lately

05 May 2016

Ryan and I have been doing better at reading our scriptures together than we ever have in our married life.  No more reading in bed ( / sleeping of the other party) and no more just not reading together at all.  We are reading every night on our couch, upright and alert and engaged.  Then we talk about what stuck out to us.  I can feel a change, and I can feel a draw to continually do this.

On the last day of tax season, Ryan unexpectedly made me a lamb chop and mashed potato dinner.  It was amazing!  And held great significance because at the start of tax season, we went to Longhorn Steakhouse for a celebration, and I ordered the most special thing on the menu, which I've never done before.  It was - lamb chops and mashed potatoes.  And I was so blown away with how incredible it was that Ryan has since sworn to his friends that he's never heard someone rave about a meal ever before like I did about those lamb chops.  So he made some for me.  (Also, Ryan's mashed potatoes - BEST!!).

 

Last Saturday, Ryan spent all day outside planting a garden.  Four planter boxes are shown, and he also planted the two up the side of our house.  In addition, the overgrown expanse of ground in the corner, he planted that too.  And every morning and every night, he goes out to check on his garden.  I love it!!

As for me, I stayed inside and painted all the ceilings upstairs.  By the end of the day, I had just as many white freckles as I did brown freckles.  It was such a fulfilling day of hard work and companions building a home together.


Upward and onward,

 

No comments :

Post a Comment