Littleness and Eternity all at once

05 May 2016

I would like to tell you something.

Ryan and I are expecting a little one on November 2nd. 

(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)


We are sooooooo incredibly grateful.  So so so so grateful.  All the gratefulness.  And we are so happy.  So so so so happy.   And I am stoked out of my mind that Ryan is my children's dad.  I always thought that was a funny thing to say.  Like, yes of course the man who made your children is also their father.  But now I understand it to mean - this guy will be the one who influences them and teaches them and takes them out on adventures.  And with that man being Ryan, what lucky little babies!

If there were ever a post of mine that was desired to be written with so many thoughts, it would be this one.  Regarding pregnancy and energetic shifts and thoughts on birth and family principles and the intimacy of a couple over the start of a family.  But I don't feel the force to do that right now.  Later, for sure.  There is much to say about what I'm feeling and learning.  But today, I am only making the announcement.  Announcements make me super choppy and not connecting at all.  Like, "hi.  announce.  done.  now everyone stop looking at me."

Though, I would like to say one more thing.  Being a carrier of a little baby is so joyous!  But I also know the pain for some, or many, who are desiring little growing heartbeats of their own.  Pregnancy for me wasn't instant; it wasn't the long journey that I know some face, but it was still a little mini journey for me.  While my time for pregnancy was still out there, somewhere distant and unknown and a little saddening at times, my friend Amy and I would relate to each other, saying the next person who tells us that we "just need to relax" is going to get an entire can of Cheez Wiz in their mouth.  So I am still here both for reverberating the emptiness if need be and also for rejoicing!  We can feel both at once if we need to, and it's all fine.

Fertility can be a little trickster, can't it?  But I'll tell you what things I was doing when I became pregnant just to assist in resource-finding.  Everyone's got the thing that worked for them.

(1) Fertility meditation.  I meditated like the zombie apocalypse was occurring and it was on me to save the world through meditating fertility into my body.  I meditated on the health of my body and its capacity to make and bear children.  I did detailed visualizations of my body being pregnant; feeling what that felt like; giving birth, feeling and experiencing the entire process; then touching, feeling, smelling, and looking at my new baby.  I did that for at least 2 hours every day for over a month.  I believe that I had a belief set I needed to shift because I have carried infertility pain with me for a good number of years, and I believe my body put a block on my own reproduction.  I would be happy to guide you through a fertility meditation if you would like to try it.

(2) Also, I rubbed Clary Sage DoTerra oil around my ankle bones every night.  Thank you to my dearest friends, Sharla and Joelle - after we went out for Thai food one rainy Saturday afternoon, and my emotions about wanting children so so badly came out in soft tears, and next thing I knew, Sharla and I were back at another Thai restaurant on a different day, and she was pushing this oil across the table at me and telling me to give it a try.

So of those two things - who knows.  Perhaps God's underworkings for Ryan and I was just ripe and ready for us to pull down a heavenly child in the same month I tried these new procedures.  Some situations I just can't tell if it is Heavenly Father saying - just sit and be patient, because this is all on me; or - I have provided many earthly remedies, and I will grant you wisdom to find the resource you specifically need, and I leave this one to you.  

Either way, Ryan and I are very very blessed, and we are SO overjoyed.  

Baby Stucki has these tiny little legs that are kicking.  I saw them.  Too small to feel yet.
My acupuncturist says it is a boy, but a client who is a spirit medium says it's a girl.  Battle of the energy workers!
We'll see :) :) :)

Upward and onward,



13 comments :

  1. Can't wait to take our baby(s) on adventures! I'm going to mount a baby car seat to my fishing boat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chantel this makes me so happy! You will be a fantastic mother and I'm totally going to fertility meditate. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesssssssss!!! I don't know why but last month out if nowhere I though in my head, "I think Chantel is pregnant" haha! Like I would know!?! But you are and I'm thrilled beyond belief for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesssssssss!!! I don't know why but last month out if nowhere I though in my head, "I think Chantel is pregnant" haha! Like I would know!?! But you are and I'm thrilled beyond belief for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesssssssss!!! I don't know why but last month out if nowhere I though in my head, "I think Chantel is pregnant" haha! Like I would know!?! But you are and I'm thrilled beyond belief for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay yay yay!!!! I'm so happy for you! Every pregnancy is beautiful, but I think after struggling for so long to get pregnant makes it all the sweeter. I definitely feel your infertility pain! You will be such a wonderful mom and I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay yay yay!!!! I'm so happy for you! Every pregnancy is beautiful, but I think after struggling for so long to get pregnant makes it all the sweeter. I definitely feel your infertility pain! You will be such a wonderful mom and I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGEATULATIONS!!!!!

    Or congratulations. BOTH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many congrats! My how your life has done a 180 since we've been blog friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this still just makes me so so happy, and I can't wait to hear more!!!!!! You're going to be the most fantastic mom

    ReplyDelete