Snapshots of Marriage

22 May 2016

 



Last night, I was struggling to sleep.  I've been working very hard lately - painting and mowing the lawn and putting our home together and also still working at my job.  I was so fatigued that I couldn't sleep.  So Ryan gave me a massage with oils and soft music.  He does this sometimes, and it is The. Best.  While he was massaging my feet in the soft glow of our bedroom lamp, I felt so happy.  This is SO cool to be married.  To be a couple with him, just the two of us, together in the world, teammates through it all.  I love being with Ryan.


__________________________________________________________________________________________




Marriage is lounging in the living room on a Saturday night, after a great day of work and play, and saying to each other, "We should get out of the house."  So you end up at a local desert shop eating a slab of dark chocolate cake and completely enjoying each other's company.  Afterwards you say to each other, "now we should probably go home and eat some dinner."



Upward and onward,

 

No comments :

Post a Comment