Sphere of Influence: EFT Release

27 September 2016



I just did a really cool EFT session.

Certain things latch onto me so tightly; most things I let go so easily.  But yesterday, something hit the part of me that sticks.  A benign little judgement.  And I think through a tumble of things yesterday, it resulted in some anxiety last night, and then this morning, I felt powerlessness to this trapped emotion and my fatigue.  Which can result in a negative downward spin as my mind gets tighter and more unable to relax and get proper rest.  But with the upcoming birth, I am so determined to not let anything tighten within me, because blocked emotions will inhibit me from full relaxation in labor and will cause pain.

I laid in a cool bath and tried to figure out how to release this.  Meditation works really well for me when I am already released and liberated, but when I have something blocked inside of me, I cannot get very deep and my mind darts around.  I wondered if I should go see Janece - my friend who is a hypnotherapist, or Sharla or Shelley - my BodyTalk friends.

I decided after my bath I would do an EFT session.  I sat down on my bedroom floor and performed the practice out loud.  I began by tapping my hand and doing a lot of acceptance statements.  Accepting that I am someone who holds certain emotions tightly.  Someone who is influenced easily by this particular thing that happened.  All ending in "I still love and accept myself deeply."  Gah, that feels so good to say and really feel it.

Then I started through the tapping routine, first tapping through the specific situation and what I was feeling.  Then tapping through a bunch of "What if" questions, saying "What if I let this go?"  And then tapping through a series of "I have let go."  And then tapping through a series of "I am now full of safety, happiness, confidence, etc."

I focused a lot on my body and heart, releasing and letting go, and then, I intuitively moved towards strengthening my "My sphere of influence," as I came to call it.  Which is the energy around me that I allow to influence what I feel and think, coming from people or memories.  Observing things standing too close to me that shouldn't be there.  My Sphere of Influence should be guarded and protected and sacred.  So I pushed all these things out of it, and I strengthened it firmly and powerfully.  I must do this more often!

Once I was finally complete, I immediately noted a huge shift.  The frustration of this small situation was gone.  My mind felt no need to keep trying it back and flooding my body again - it was just vacant.  There was no power to get it back.  And moreso, my "sphere of influence" as I deemed it in this session felt SOO pure and powerful.  It had been cleared of all people who hold little critical voices in my mind.  I felt in control and happy and energetic!

I put on my Jason Derulo station and danced around and did some pregnancy stretches and labor exercises.  I felt so strong and confident and happy.  It was amazing!!  I made the bed, cleaned the room, danced around.

Really awesome shift.  I am SOOO happy these tools are available to me.

Upward and onward,







image source

3 comments :

  1. I needed to feel of your peaceful, healing energy today so I've been reading your blog. Love you so much. Particularly grateful for this post. I've read it before, but I'm reading it again. It helped me feel more centered and hopeful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to feel of your peaceful, healing energy today so I've been reading your blog. Love you so much. Particularly grateful for this post. I've read it before, but I'm reading it again. It helped me feel more centered and hopeful!

    ReplyDelete