General Conference is Gold

02 October 2016




I love General Conference so much.  Yesterday, I was so happy to be watching that I vacuumed the whole house, cleaned the bathrooms, baked bread, made some apple snacks and fish tacos.  And Trevor is in town this week, and it's been fun to have him watching all the sessions with us.

This session, I really felt drawn to the spirit and power of the General Authorities.  This is not an easy world to lead.  They put themselves in a really vulnerable position, like Samuel the Lamanite on the wall.  They are criticized and mocked, etc.  Yet I value that they are so unwavering.  I'm sure they feel the forces against them at times, but they still have so much love and confidence.  I want to be like them so badly.  I want their fortitude.  I prayed for it this morning.

Upward and onward,
 

1 comment :

  1. I like the comparison to Samuel the Lamanite.

    ReplyDelete