Best Reads in 2016

30 December 2016

These year I read - or at least remember reading – 29 books.  Which averages over half a book a week.  Pretty good!!  Considering Andy Andrews, my Best New Mentor from 2 years ago, said that a person should read a least one book a week. 

Although I don't read with that level of consistency on a day-to-day basis, unless it's an intellectual book where I'm learning self-discovery, then I can dabble here and there.  But if it's a novel, I binge.  Once I start, my life ceases to exist as is, and I become consumed in the plot, rushing through all my responsibilities of the day, so I can get back to that book!  So I read through entire books in mere days, and then I swing back to another hobby for awhile.

Anyway, below are my author awards and top reads for the year!


Best Discovered Novelist:  Francine Rivers.  I read everything of hers this year!

Best New Mentor: Christiane Northrup

Best Writing:  Morgan McCarthy.   She puts together the most descriptive, and almost lyrical, sentences.


Below is my bookshelf of best reads in 2016:

(I also made a Best Reads for 2015 and Best Reads for 2014!)



Upward and onward,


1 comment :

  1. thank you for sharing!!! i LOVE seeing what others are reading!

    ReplyDelete