A Rich Man

28 June 2017



"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."

Henry David Thoreau




I LOVE THIS QUOTE!  There is so much that I keep with me.  Then I recite this quote to myself and feel a release.  There is much to let go of in every moment.

I like to think:  in 5 years would this matter?   nah.  Or:  would 100 diverse people - across countries and generations - find this significant?   nope.

Then I will become richer to let it go.

I know people who let their hands physically release an imaginary balloon, or stardust, or an explosion of energy.  And then imagine it all drifting far, far away.

I love to build on these ideas, so do tell, what words or images help you to let things be?

Upward and onward,







image source

2 comments :

  1. Wow, I love this. No doubt everyone in this world would be so much happier if we did this more. Gary talked about something along these lines he learned from a recent marriage seminar he attended. He said that if something bothers you, you can go write it down. Then, you decide whether it's worth sharing or not. Sometimes you need to share things, but other times you just need to let it go. If you decide to let it go, you simply rip up the paper and let it go. He said it has been helping him a lot. Thought it was kind of cool how this post relates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your comments!

    ReplyDelete