Hiking Rose Canyon

21 June 2017


Nap time!  And I am going to take advantage of it by sitting here and writing as many words as I can before our Little Princess wakes up.

On Saturday, we drove out to the canyon just west of our home, and our little family embarked on a hike.  I heard rumors that something spectacular was at the end of the hike.  Though, there were many trails; and we didn't know how long each of them were; or which one even led to the special place; let alone, what it even was.  A waterfall, an overlook, a cave, a new country.  I also don't know if I made up this rumor in my own head, and then started the passing of it.  Regardless, we hiked quickly in hopes of finding out.  But alas, after hiking for about 1.5 miles, I got the mama's intuitive hunch that it was time for us to turn around.  A baby has got her life to live, and it ain't in the backwoods of a mountain.

So we hiked back out, and as soon as we crossed the bridge to our car, Charlotte was ready for some food and a nap.  Mothers know.

However, the hike was gorgeous.  We found large stick teepees, streams, and endless trails veering away.  We were lost in a field of trees, and the rest of the world was so far away.  It was a really great time, and I look forward to going back very soon.

And also, what is really at the end?  Is there an end?

 
 


Upward and onward,


1 comment :

  1. So fun! I love hikes with our little family! Can't wait to go again and see what's at the end!

    ReplyDelete